Friday, April 13, 2012

Psychodrama in Hobart

Helen Fryer's Choir Group singing at the Farmer's market, Hobart, 18 March 2012
On the 19th of March I conducted a workshop in Hobart with the assistance of Helen Fryer and Joan Murray. The workshop 'Through the Mirror: Role Theory in Action' attracted a nice group of people interested in psychodrama.
When I arrived in Hobart I found Helen singing with her choir at the Farmer's Market.

A little later we went over to the venue where Helen has established 'A Potential Space Counselling Service' in Melville Street and met up with Joan.  The next few hours saw us contentedly setting up our group space; rolling out carpet, spreading Helen's lovely scarves on a ballet bar, setting up the cups for our refreshments and Joan creating some beautiful flower arrangements.  Next door is the site of the first church in Australia, 1839 if I remember correctly.


Next door to where we had our Group is the first church building in Australia
















In the afternoon Helen and I visited the new and very modern MOMA, an art gallery with a difference.  It is situated deep within the earth, in this case the sandstone earth of Hobart, which you can get to by a central glass lift or by a spiral staircase.  The outside of the gallery blends in beautifully with the surrounding nature of sea, trees and mountains.
MOMA Hobart's new modern Art Gallery
A different kind of tyre - MOMA Exhibition, March 2012


On Tuesday night, 17 April, Helen and Joan are conducting their first training seminar leading on from our one-day event, which they've called 'Into the Mirror'.  People from the original group are attending with some other invited guests.  I wish them well in this endeavour.

Sue Daniel

No comments: