Hi there,
I have been feeling shocked and overwhelmed by the past two weeks. Yesterday when Bob and I drove down to Melbourne through the blackened forests that used to burst forth life, past lost homes and businesses, I felt the helplessness and hopelessness of loss. There appeared to be nothing living in what was left of the forests. I said to Bob that this charred forest is too damaged to regenerate. It's beauty gone. I silently wept.
Bob said that the forest would grow again, but I didn't listen. I couldn't listen as what was before me seemed too destroyed.
As we drove we listened to the remembrance service with the beautiful songs, and we both wept.
We spent the afternoon reconnecting with family. Then we joined psychodrama friends at the Theatre of Spontaneity and had an opportunity to tell our stories, hear the stories of others, and share in the sadness of everyone's loss. Through this experience our anger and sadness changed to hope for the future and joy in the strength of the relationships of our family and friends.
This morning I was moved to write some poetry about my experience, which I would like to share with you.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for being in my life.
With love,
Linda
I have been feeling shocked and overwhelmed by the past two weeks. Yesterday when Bob and I drove down to Melbourne through the blackened forests that used to burst forth life, past lost homes and businesses, I felt the helplessness and hopelessness of loss. There appeared to be nothing living in what was left of the forests. I said to Bob that this charred forest is too damaged to regenerate. It's beauty gone. I silently wept.
Bob said that the forest would grow again, but I didn't listen. I couldn't listen as what was before me seemed too destroyed.
As we drove we listened to the remembrance service with the beautiful songs, and we both wept.
We spent the afternoon reconnecting with family. Then we joined psychodrama friends at the Theatre of Spontaneity and had an opportunity to tell our stories, hear the stories of others, and share in the sadness of everyone's loss. Through this experience our anger and sadness changed to hope for the future and joy in the strength of the relationships of our family and friends.
This morning I was moved to write some poetry about my experience, which I would like to share with you.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for being in my life.
With love,
Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment